Friday, July 8, 2011

The final flight


Obviously, this is not my picture. I wish I had the money and vacation time to camp out at Cape Canaveral to see the launch live and take all kinds of pictues, but rent and food take priority over epic cool. I don't think there is greater "epic cool" than flying in space. What a grand thing the shuttle is: the technology, the science, the brain power behind the thing. It's astonishing.

I'm sad it's the last shuttle mission, but there will be more space vehicles in the future. Maybe Richard Branson will get his commerical space program working. Maybe some genius we've never heard of will make a technological breakthrough and make it as easy as driving to New Orleans. One thing I'm sure of: spaceflight will continue, and it's going to be epic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment