Monday, August 25, 2014

Vacation Activities

I'm planning my vacation for the year (San Juan, Puerto Rico) and I'm trying to figure out how much I want to schedule in the way of activities. 

I'm not one of those who can just lie on a beach with a drink and sleep all day. I wish I was. It would make planning a lot easier. But I know myself well enough to know I'd be bored stiff by lunch time. So I must have activities. 
Not for me
But what activities? and how many? 

I know I'm going to spend at least a day (probably two) just walking around taking pictures - that's a given. But that falls more into the category of free time, since it's unscheduled and there is no plan beyond "that looks like an interesting street - let's go that way."

In Granada I went on an olive oil tour, which was an interesting break from the city, and the first time I'd ever seen olives on the tree. I also got to drink from a spring that promises eternal youth, so now you know my secret. 


I'm thinking of a cooking class in the local specialties, because it sounds intriguing and a way to meet like-minded people. There's a trip to a rain forest (lunch included). There's an architecture tour, a drinks and shopping tour, a tour to a remote hamlet where they roast whole pigs, and another where they take you kayaking. There's a tour of a local rum distillery, which looks interesting, and a candlelight tour of old Spanish fortifications (spooky). 

I'm going to be gone a week, so I figure three, maybe four tours will provide interest and leave me enough down time to just relax and wander about.

How do you prefer to spend your vacation time?

No comments:

Post a Comment