Friday, June 17, 2016

Birthday Doings

I turned another year older this week. I don't like making a fuss about my birthday, but I know from experience that trying to ignore it just makes me depressed. So I took a couple of days off, had wine with lunch, took myself to a show (Born Yesterday) and went to the latest installation at the Museum of Fine Arts.

Kusama: At the End of the Universe is fabulous, though the wait is long. (It is the first week of the exhibit - it should calm down in about a month. I hope, because I want to go again.) The exhibit is two mirrored rooms, which they let you into a few people at a time. It would be even better if they'd give you 10 minutes by yourself (particularly the second room - which is all golden lights) but it's still worth the price of the ticket.

The first room is all whimsical forms, and the colors change as you look at them.


I know. It's blurry. Unfortunately, they don't give you much time in here, and I couldn't set up another shot before they kicked me out.

Afterwards, head over to the gift shop to see the flamingos. They're fun. And for sale!



Have a good weekend!

One of Tom Hanks more under-rated roles. A sweet movie with a fabulous soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment