Monday, October 22, 2012

Weekend update

I spent a very cultural weekend, starting with  at  Miller Outdoor Theater on Friday night. Miller is wonderful, not just because it's in the middle of one of my favorite parks, but because it's free and the programs are terrific. Case in point, Friday's program by Ballet Folklórico de México de Amalia Hernandez. If you ever get the chance to see them, go, it was fantastic.


I also saw "Life is a Dream" by Pedro Calderon de La Barca performed at the Main Street Theater. My friend Vero, who is Spanish and has actually read the original, told me that the translation was very good. A wonderful play.

But I didn't spend all my time at the theater - I was productive. I mowed the lawn, cleaned the house, cuddled the cat, did the laundry, bought groceries and went to every kitchenware store in Humble looking for a tart ring for a recipe I want to try. The other notable (stupid) thing I did was weed whack my own leg when I was edging the lawn. Ouch! 
Don't do this.
At least the lawn looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment