Monday, October 1, 2012

Goodbye September and a New Challenge!

September ended with disappointment.

This weekend was all about rain, lots and lots of rain. I don't usually mind rain, it's nice to sit inside and listen to it falling, but this weekend was supposed to be the Ballunar Liftoff Festival, and the rain canceled it. Rats.

The other disappointment was my car. My trusty Toyota Corolla has started to burn oil. My options are: rebuild the engine, or get a new car.  Rebuilding the engine would cost more than my 11-year old car is worth. So I'm now in the market for a new car. I don't want a new car. I'm still reeling from the amount of debt I'm in for the house. But Houston is car-centric, so I must have a car. Double rats.

Still, according to Dad I can keep the car going for 6 months or so, as long as I keep topping up the oil, so I've got some time to build up a car fund.  Oh, but I hate spending money on cars!


That's enough whining for one day, let's move on.

New month, new 30 day challenge. Starting today:

I am going to take a photograph every day for a month.

I really want to take better photographs, and the only way to do that is to practice. I've created a gallery page, available in the links to the right.  Nothing is in there yet, but I am looking forward to filling it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment