Eleven facts about me
- I don't much care for chocolate. It's okay, but I'd rather have a good lemon cake.
- I am very sensitive to sounds. I regularly wake up in the middle of the night because I've heard something.
- I like weather, even bad weather. It adds variety to the seasons.
- Pedicures are my favorite affordable vice.
- I think Legos are one of the most brilliant toys ever designed (right up there with the oversize cardboard box) but they need more female lego "men."
- I think people who talk during movies should be thrown out. Repeat offenders should be put through a movie courtesy training course - like driving school - only duller.
- In college, I got a palm-sized muffler burn on my leg from my boyfriend's motorcycle. He tried to comfort me by telling me it was a "macho" scar.
- I was born in New Orleans.
- I would love to move overseas for a couple of years. Kuala Lumpur would be great.
- I own grapefruit spoons.
- I'd like to get a second cat, but I'm worried about becoming a "crazy cat lady".
Leibster Award Nominees
I don't really follow a lot of blogs. I read a handful, but most of them are quite well known, so I found the nomination process difficult. However, here are two that I check on a fairly regular basis.
- Thunderfoot: Science and Education - I don't always agree with him, but he's always thought provoking. Plus, he blows things up!
- Project Whitespace - a health and fitness blog. I love her enthusiasm.
Eleven questions for my Leibster award nominees
I don't think I can improve on Leslie's questions, so I'm going with them.
- What was the last book you read? Would you recommend it?
- Out of all current events, which most sparks your imagination or passion? Why?
- If you could recommend only one activity from your last vacation, which would you choose? Why?
- Pick your weather poison: Bitingly cold or swelteringly muggy?
- Finish this sentence: “She walked up to the information desk,”
- What’s your favorite news source?
- What is the best advice your mother ever gave you?
- If you were a cookie, what kind would you be?
- Name the best place you’ve lived. Why do you consider it the best?
- Share the recipe for the best dish you cook.
- What was your last simple pleasure?