Monday, November 18, 2013

Texas Renaissance Festival: 2013

It's that time of year again.


I went to the Texas Renaissance Festival this weekend with some friends. It was the first time I've ever dressed for it (basic serving wench costume - and no, there are no pictures) and I don't think I'll bother next time, or at least go for an outfit I don't have to be laced into. It wasn't especially tight, but it was hot, and the corset made bending difficult. Not worth the fuss. Besides I'm not as entertaining as the other people attending, and I don't see the point in competing. They win, hands down - see the pictures for proof.

The theme for this weekend was Barbarian Invasion, so there were a lot of pelts, leather armor, furry boots and horned helmets. 
inspecting the troops
Fear me, puny mortal! 
The ladies can do barbarian chic too

But it wasn't all macho Conan-wannabes.

Isn't he a gentlemanly looking fox?
And there are all the performers:

Sound and Fury - bad puns galore

fire juggling - I never caught a shot with the fire, unfortunately
And the animal rides (for big and little people):
I'm riding a camel!

on a hay break
 Intriguing tattoos:
I thought it was flowers, but it seems to be dancing mutant fish?
Home-made costumes:
Watch out! - It's Bud Light Man!
The kids are the best:

But by the end I was tired and feeling like this guy:


Hope your weekend was fun. Until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment