spinach and bacon
The basic framework is you take a ramekin:
- Put some savory things in the bottom, veggies, ham, what have you...
- On top of this you put a dollop of yogurt, crème fraiche, sour cream, heavy cream. . . I once made a heavenly version using an herbed cheese spread.
- Top it with an egg
|ready to go in the oven - cheese is not traditional, but what the heck?|
- Wake up, turn on the oven (bain marie is already in the oven, where I put it last night).
- Take a shower and dress.
- Pull a ramekin out of the fridge, drop in the yogurt and an egg and put it in the bain marie.
- Feed and water the cats, make the bed.
- Take the finished oeufs cocotte out of the oven, pour myself a cup of tea, sit down and eat.
- Put the dishes in the sink, find my shoes and head to work.