Monday, January 25, 2016

End of January Update

As you can tell, I'm not quite back into the rhythm of regular blogging. Part of it is that there really hasn't been anything to say. January has been busy, but not very interesting.


For example: the high point of my weekend was fixing the toilet. The flapper had warped, causing the toilet to run every 10 to 15 minutes, all day long. So, not just noisy, but a massive waste of water.


It was a fairly simple job, but one I hadn't attempted before. I always like to learn something new, even if it is just fixing a toilet. Last night was the first night in 3-4 months that the toilet hadn't run. It was so quiet it woke me up. Isn't it odd what you get used to?




The flapper that failed. Silicone flappers are the name of the game, don't get rubber!
Mostly, I've been cleaning things out, getting rid of detritus and planning for future projects. So I'm hoping to have more interesting things to report soon. But as of today, all I can say is that the toilet works.

No comments:

Post a Comment