Friday, February 26, 2016

My 2015 Project

I had a writing project last year.


The author commissioned the tiger painting - he says he's the little tiger on the right.

Obviously, I did not write this book. I was the editor who helped whip this book into shape before it was sent to the publisher.  And while I wish that I had had one more run through on the book and I would like to re-organize the first chapter, I am still proud of what I did. (And doesn't every editor/writer wish they had time for just one more pass?)

If you are looking for a military blow-by-blow, detailing troop movements and strategy, this is not the book for you. This is more of a coming of age story, with firefights, brothels, bad jokes, incredibly brutal training, and a lot of cheating at cards.  It's funnier and more erudite (lots of Nietzsche) than you might expect for a book about war.

I'm honored that I got to spend so much time with the author (both in person and on the page). He is a witty, well-travelled man, with an enormous fund of stories (many more than went into the book) and a fascinating person to get to know.

If you're interested, The Tales of Six Tigers is available on Amazon here.

The proceeds from the book will be going to the TLC Brotherhood, a veteran's organization for those who served in Thailand, Laos and Cambodia.

No comments:

Post a Comment