Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentine's Day Weekend Re-cap

Hello and good morning!

I hope everybody had a good Valentine's weekend, single, paired, or "it's complicated". I went to a singles party - something that I normally wouldn't do, because the whole idea of going to a large, noisy event with a bunch of people I don't know just makes me itch.  But I'm trying to be more like Shonda Rhimes and say yes to things that make me uncomfortable.

I don't know if I've achieved any personal growth, but I did get to dance some salsa, met a former priest (he now works in IT - so people are still coming to him with their problems) and heard a really funny story about a funeral. I didn't find love, or even like, but it wasn't as miserable an experience as I thought it would be.

It also gave me an excuse to buy a new pair of earrings (not that I really needed an excuse). Normally, I'm not enthusiastic about heart-shaped anything (I find it kind of cheesy and obvious) but I found these at Charming Charlie's and couldn't resist. Yes, they are a bit on the cheesy and obvious side, but so is Valentine's Day.

 

And because I have a weakness for patterned socks, I also picked up these.
 
I can work a theme.











No comments:

Post a Comment