Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Holiday Fun


My local Boy Scout troop raises money by placing flags on your lawn on patriotic holidays, specifically Memorial Day, Flag Day, July 4th and Veteran's Day.  I like that they are using high quality flags (the stars are embroidered, not printed) and that they've aligned it with my front door, so I can see the flag most of the time (I have a glass panel front door.)  It's also kind of festive to walk around the neighborhood and see all the flags.

So with my house properly adorned for the holiday, I did the most American thing I could think of: I went to a baseball game. It was the Houston Astros vs. the Seattle Mariners and our team won!  It was fun, though for me the best part is watching the crowd.

Orbit, the Astros mascot.

I also had my first chili cheese hot dog. This has confirmed my belief that sauerkraut and mustard is the only way to dress a dog. Never again.

And since it was an afternoon game, I was home in plenty of time to watch my neighbors set off at least a thousand dollars worth of fireworks. 

Happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment