Monday, July 18, 2016

My plan for the rest of the year

Houston's town hall, lighted to honor the victims of the massacre in Nice - July 16th
"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the Continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the Sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a Promontory were, as well as if a Manor of thy friends or of thine own were; any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee...." 
John Donne                        

Civilization only continues when we participate. Therefore I will be watching the Republican and Democratic conventions, because even my one vote counts. I will be having dinner parties, drinking wine, going to public festivals and planning trips by air, no matter what foreign or domestic terrorists are out there, because I will not have my life controlled by the religiously intolerant and mentally ill. I will be adding to my retirement fund, because no prophet of the end times has been right yet.


And I intend to do it in great style, so bring on the champagne.




No comments:

Post a Comment