Wednesday, September 26, 2012

30 Day Exercise Challenge: Summary

It is done. As of last Friday (September 21st) I have exercised 30 minutes a day, every day, for 30 days.
Conclusions:
I sleep better – My problem has never been getting to sleep, it’s been staying asleep. I tend to wake up at 2 in the morning and not be able to get back to sleep, and when I do I wake up again at 4. It hasn’t eliminated the problem, but it doesn’t happen as much.
My complexion is better – not a major issue, but sweating regularly seems to make my complexion a little brighter.
My general mood is better – this is probably related to getting enough sleep.  I’ve always been an 8 hours of sleep a night girl, and I’m cranky when I don’t get it.
Discipline - For some reason, doing this made it much easier to eat healthfully.
Will I keep doing it?
Not every day.  My plan is to hit the gym after work (it’s on the way home).  I’m not going to worry about weekends, I’m more active on weekends anyway. It’s counteracting the 8 hours sitting in front of a computer that I’m worried about.
However, I will not be doing step-ups in my living room at 11:30 pm just so I can get 30 minutes of exercise in before the day is over.  If I miss a day, I miss a day.
Now for the interesting question: what to do for the next challenge? Hmmm….

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

No comments:

Post a Comment