Monday, February 18, 2013

Exercise, bah!

Last week, I went back to the gym.

It's not that surprising
It's conveniently located on my way home. It has pools, loads of equipment, trainers, classes, basketball courts, etc. It's bright, it's light, it's clean and the staff is always friendly and helpful. It's a nice gym.

But I hate going there, because there is nothing I find duller than working out. I know, it's good for me. But beets are good for me too, and I haven't willingly swallowed a beet in over two years. The television screens are no help (and how many episodes of "The Mentalist" can one person watch, anyway?)

I have to keep reminding myself that it helps me sleep, lowers my anxiety level, improves my circulation and strengthens my muscles. It might even help me lose some weight.

But it is so, so boring.  If they came up with a pill that replicated the benefits of exercise, I'd be first in line. Because it's not that I'm lazy. I don't mind work, but the boredom is deadly.

Am I there yet?

1 comment:

  1. You inspired me to post a counterpost! Here 'tis:

    http://www.lesliefarnsworth.com/blog/2013/2/22/learning-to-love-exercise.html

    Leslie
    www.lesliefarnsworth.com

    ReplyDelete