Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Scrambled Eggs in a Mug

I don't usually cook in the microwave. Except for one brief period in high school when I made diet bran muffins (Not particularly good, but very filling) I use the microwave to heat water for tea, or re-heat leftovers. I cook with the stove or the oven, not the microwave.
Still, I was driving into work, listening to NPR, when I heard a recipe that intrigued me so much, I had to try it out. It's not bad. The textures is a bit spongy, and I think it really needs some parsley or herbs, but if you need a really easy and fast breakfast, you could do a lot worse.
You can listen to the original story here:
Scrambled Eggs in a Mug
Cooking Time: 2 minutes
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons milk (I used yogurt)
  • 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste
    Coat a 12-ounce microwave-safe coffee mug with cooking spray. Add eggs and milk; beat until blended. 
    Eggs, yogurt, cheese, salt and pepper
    Microwave 45 seconds at high power; stir. Microwave 30 to 45 seconds more, or until eggs are almost set (see Note).
    Top with cheese, (I put the cheese in with everything else) season with salt and pepper, and serve.


    This is how it looks in the mug

    It looks better turned out onto a plate, but I think a little parsley would help.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment