Monday, February 25, 2013

Rodeo Parade - 2013



Last Saturday, I went to a photography seminar downtown. We went early because we knew the rodeo parade was going on, and since we were early, and had cameras, why not take some pictures of the parade setting up?

In the pictures, there are a lot of people in running gear. This is because the Rodeo Run  (a charity 10k) is before the parade. Remember, always have the runners go before the horses.

The beginning of the Rodeo Run

 


Lots of kids, lots of horses.






 
 
I thought these were a particularly pretty team. I don't know the breed (I do know they're not big enough for Clydesdales) but they were a handsome pair.


University of Houston twirlers, warming up in Tranquility Park. It was chilly out, I hope twirling warms you up.

My vote for best costume. I'm not sure why they were wearing technicolor tutus and tiger (?) stripe leg warmers, but they are definitely making a statement. Even their hatbands and shoelaces are color coordinated.
The University of Houston band. The Aggie band was there, too (they played the Star Spangled Banner and all activity stopped) but I didn't get a good shot of them.


This was taken after the seminar. No horses or twirlers, but I really like the shot. In case you're wondering, that's the Enron building.








No comments:

Post a Comment