Friday, January 25, 2013

Oscar Season Movies

It's Oscar season, and I love movies. I have a Netflix queue that will take me a couple of years to watch. I have DVDs at home, I even watch old movies on YouTube (Spring Parade - circa 1940 - very sweet.)

But oddly enough, I haven't been to the movies in about 6 weeks. True, the snacks are overpriced, and a lot of directors seem to think what viewers really want is length, but it's mostly because everything is either hyper-violent (Django Unchained, Gangster Squad), depressing (Anna Karenina, Les Miserables), or worst of all: important and/or uplifting (Zero Dark Thirty, Silver Linings Playbook). I'm sure these are all wonderful movies, with deep and important truths about life, love and foreign policy but I can't face them.
 
What I really want to see is this.
 

Obviously, I'm seven.

1 comment:

  1. Right there with you. Lately, the only movies I've had any interest in seeing have been the MFAH's foreign and independent films.

    Leslie
    www.lesliefarnsworth.com

    ReplyDelete